On-campus online education! Is one better than the other? You can use one to completely replace another? Indeed it seems that online education is the way of the future. Institutions, companies and government organizations have been offering various forms of e-learning. However, your computer can actually replace the teacher and the Board?
How people learn
Everyone has a form of training that suits them. Some people achieve fantastic results in online courses, but the majority of people are 100% under the supervision of computer courses. Educational institutions and companies in the field of training, need to recognize that the appropriate way to teach a large group of people, and therefore had to develop a program that best suits the needs of the group as a whole.
People learn that by using several senses. These include learning through Field theoretical second component as well as social interaction with the instructor and other students. Students learn from mistakes and successes, each not only for what they say instructors.
Each student has learned the ideal speed. Instructors are therefore faced with the task to develop a course to move forward, so that students, with a slower pace of learning are not left behind, moving so slowly bored students faster learning step.
In the age of high-speed information transfer online education is becoming popular and inexpensive way to teach people outside of class and in some cases around the world. Teaching can be a CD, a Web site, or through online real-time objects, such as webcasts, seminars and virtual classroom. However, different methods of online education have their advantages and disadvantages.
Online education is still a relatively new concept in many ways is still in the teething stages. Thus, various issues will arrive via a variety of online educational environment. As an example:
1. lack of immediate feedback in asynchronous learning: for a few online education environment, such as webcasts, seminars and live with the addition of virtual classroom instructors, most do not. Teaching is delivered using a CD or a Web site, while having the advantage of being independent, provides indirect feedback with live instructors.
2. other training required by the instructor: online education environment, instructors can not stand before the Council and provide the class. Lessons in the online environment education should be prepared before time, as well as any comments and instructions, which can accompany the teaching.
In many cases it is not important that the instructor not only understand concepts to teach, but the technology used to deliver it. Therefore, this increases the skill level of online training instructors required, placing a greater demand for educational institutions.
Staff level may also be higher, to get started in online education environment, requiring for example courses:
Instructor-taught content to both and, of course, be skilled in the use of the technology involved
Mediator to help instructors deliver content, but it could make long-distance
Help Desk offered to help instructors, facilitators and students in the use of the software and hardware used for the delivery of the course.
3. not everyone is comfortable with online learning: education is not only for young people in the world. With an increasing trend for adult and continuing education there is a need to design a course for students of age, as well as students with diverse backgrounds and varied. It is difficult, however, for environmental design online education fits all.
4. increase the potential for frustration, anxiety and confusion: in an environment of online education is a great number of parts that make up the system, which may not. Server error can prevent online course of the operation. Based on teaching software applications may require other specific components to work. Computer viruses can infect the software required to run online educational environment. If the system is complex, the student can choose easy education in College, and did not take the extra time and effort, You need to master the use of online education.
5. the digital divide: a lot of people live in remote areas and developing countries do not have access to a computer, make a form of online education is almost impossible. For this reason, online education can just focus on the people who are lucky enough to be able to take advantage of the technology involved.